Glide is a foaming, soft metal safe, chlorinated alkaline detergent for use in cleaning automatic buttermakers, butter churns, trolleys and associated equipment and pipework. Glide has excellent protein, fat and grease removal properties. Glide contains silicate to ensure that after cleaning butter making equipment, there is sufficient ’slip’ on the buttermaker surfaces and pipework for the butter to be pumped/ extruded to the packing machines.
• Glide provides excellent detergency for protein, fat and grease removal, combined with soft metal safe protection.
• Glide can be used for CIP applications for buttermaking using churns, automatic buttermakers and associated packaging equipment.
• Glide is a foaming product to ensure that all parts inside the buttermaker or churn are cleaned and then coated with silicate to promote ‘slip’.
• Glide is hard water tolerant.
• Glide can be used for all CIP and manual cleaning applications in the buttermaking room.
Soft metal safe, ideal for use on aluminium and other soft metal equipment, leaving surfaces free of corrosion/pitting, prolonging equipment life. Hard water tolerant, ensuring scale free equipment and improved operational efficiency. The foaming properties ensure that all internal surfaces of the automatic buttermaker are cleaned thoroughly. High detergency, ensuring that all surfaces are left clean and process ready. The silicate residues left on the equipment surfaces ensure sufficient ‘butterslip’
properties for the next butter production, increasing production efficiency.
Glide is used at 1-3% w/w (0.8-2.5% v/v) at maximal 65°C for 30-45 minutes.
Glide should be rinsed thoroughly from all surfaces after cleaning, but it is important that some silicate is left on automatic buttermaker internal surfaces to promote slip. The initial butter produced removes the light silicate layer and is thrown away.