Everite is a highly concentrated liquid acid descaler suitable for use on mild steel.
• Everite is a highly concentrated liquid descaler based on hydrochloric acid and a mild steel corrosion inhibitor.
• Everite dissolves inorganic scale in mild steel bottlewashers and other equipment.
• Descales mild steel bottlewasher’s and other equipment allowing efficient heat transfer and optimal operational effectiveness.
• Rapidly removes inorganic deposits from surfaces minimising descaling maintenance time.
• Gives highly cost effective performance.
• Inhibited against mild steel attack, reducing the risk of corrosion and extending the life of equipment.
• Can be used for soaking application to clean small components.
Everite should only be used for mild steel equipment (not suitable for stainless steel). Older bottlewashers and other equipment may show signs of leakage after descaling due to the removal of deposits blocking previous corrosion points and holes. A careful examination of plant should be carried out before descaling operations commence. Everite should be used at 5% w/w (4.3% v/v) and the solution maintained at 60˚C. Additional product should be added if the pH rises above 2.5 during descaling operations, this being dependant on type and amount of scale. Refer to detailed descaling method for additional information and use guidance.